InterQual® Ambulatory Care Planning Criteria
Evidence-based criteria for payers and providers who want to identify the appropriateness of ambulatory interventions.
What’s Included in InterQual® Ambulatory Care Planning Criteria
InterQual Ambulatory Care Planning Criteria
- Specific and objective evidence-based criteria in Q&A format
- Alternative and sequencing recommendations within a single workflow
- Informational notes and extensive references
- Limited-evidence recommendations to identify the need for a secondary review
- Proprietary benchmarks for length of stay, where appropriate
- InterQual Decision Reasons content add-on available with Procedures module
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME)
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Specialty Referral
- Specialty Rx Non-Oncology
- Specialty Rx Oncology
- Retrospective Monitoring
Evidence-basedcriteria to support ambulatory care decisions
Ambulatory care planning criteria to assess appropriateness of interventions
Identify the appropriateness of ambulatory interventions with comprehensive criteria across ambulatory care. Best evidence-based recommendation is suggested within a single workflow according to the clinical scenario presented and appropriate sequencing of care alternatives, as well as screening for prior conservative treatments, which is specified where applicable.
Intuitive Q&A format to simplify review workflows
The intuitive Q&A format supports efficient review workflows across care categories and enables use by non-clinicians in payers’ provider portals. Includes regimen therapy, step therapy, and failed treatments within a single algorithm, as well as setting of care guidance and length of stay benchmarks.
Evidenced based and peer reviewed for reliable guidance
Produced using a rigorous development process based on the principles of evidence-based medicine (EBM) to help ensure accuracy, avoid bias, and give you complete confidence in the underlying guidance the criteria provide. Limited evidence recommendations provide transparency for emerging areas of treatment and support the need for secondary review.
- InterQual® Level of Care Criteria Assess the safest and most efficient care level based on severity of illness, comorbidities, complications, and the intensity of services being delivered. Learn more
- InterQual® Behavioral Health Criteria Discover how to manage the delivery of mental health and substance use care, including initial and concurrent level-of-care decisions. Learn more
- InterQual® Technology Explore our interactive desktop, mobile, and cloud options for accessing InterQual® Technology and streamlining the medical review process. Learn more